Background

Thursday 28 November 2013

Getting crafty in the kitchen

Its mid week again and I've been revising hard so took a break to make some truffles yum yum.

For the truffle mixture I used:

100g dark chocolate (85% coco)
100g Greek yogurt plus 2 tbsp added to the mixture in the processor
5g butter 
50ml baileys (used the coffee one as that was the miniature I had in the cupboard)

I broke up the chocolate into little squares and placed them in my food processor.  Blitzed it until I had a fine, sugar like texture.  Whilst this was whizzing around I put the butter, 100g yogurt and baileys in a saucepan and gently simmered until the yogurt had blended with the butter and baileys, by stirring it.  

Once the chocolate was at the right consistency I added the liquid mixture slowly whilst still whizzing the chocolate.  The ingredients should bind quite quickly I then added the 2 tbsp of yogurt and blended again.  Then poured the mixture into in a bowl to cool, once cooled I placed the in the fridge, covering the bowl in cling film.  Chilled for 4 hours.

After 4 hours I used a metal tea measure which I heated on the hob to scope out balls of mixture. I then rounded these in the palm of my hands and then placed them in either coco powder, roasted ground almonds or roasted coconut shavings, making sure the whole of the truffle is covered.

Here they are:


As it's a friends birthday today I've wrapped a few for her. 


Have a feeling that a few if these will be making their way into Christmas stockings this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment